Published on December 10th, 2014 | by utokia0
Buttery Almond Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Dark Chocolate
BUTTERY ALMOND SHORTBREAD COOKIES DIPPED IN DARK CHOCOLATE
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
½ cup Sugar In the Raw Organic White®
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 4-6 tbsp. to flour counter surface)
2 cups bitter sweet chocolate chips (60% Cacao)
1 tbsp. canola oil
READY, SET GO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl/mixer beat the butter, sugar and almond extract together until fully incorporated, slowly beat in flour, (scrape down flour from edges if necessary as you beat so all ingredients are incorporated). Remove from bowl and shape dough into a big ball then slice in half. Flatten out each dough half and wrap in saran wrap and place in refrigerator to allow the dough to chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove chilled dough from refrigerator, smear flour on surface and roll out each dough half with rolling pin until it is smooth and flat and about ¼ inch thick, use cookie cutter with shape(s) of your choice and cut out shapes and place on a lined cookie sheet (I filled the cookie sheet up 3 times as the recipe makes 15 – 18 cookies depending on size of your cookie cutter), use a fork to gently prick each cookie 3 times this will prevent bubbles, place cookie sheet in fridge for about 5 to 10 minutes to allow the cut out cookie dough to chill a bit then remove and place in oven for 10 – 12 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool completely on cookie sheet
- LET’S MAKE THE MELTED CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING – add chocolate chips and canola oil to microwavable bowl, cook in microwave for 1 minute, remove and whisk to help the chocolate melt, place in microwave again and cook for 30-second intervals taking it out to whisk until all is melted, careful not to burn the chocolate
- Slightly tilt the bowl with the melted chocolate and dip cookies in half way and place on a wax paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet, place in refrigerator and allow to chill a minimum of 30 minutes or until chocolate hardens
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
In The Raw®, where sweetness runs in the family
Disclosure: Disclosure: Compensation was provided by In The Raw®, via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In The Raw®.