Published on October 22nd, 2014 | by utokia0
DEVIL’S FOOD GRAVEYARD CUPCAKES – HALLOWEEN FUN
Food and Halloween spooky fun go hand in hand! I love baking sweet treats with my children for the holidays and these devil’s food graveyard cupcakes will blow your mind! I tried for the first time the Sugar In The Raw Organic White® and honey, let me tell you the sweetness is in every bite. The crystals are much finer which makes it perfect for baking! My family and I wouldn’t have it any other way because the chocolate melt in your mouth treats brightened my children’s day one cupcake at a time!
Oh Yeah Baby ~ The Graveyard never looked this inviting!
Awesome Ingredients = Awesome Cupcakes!
Whew that sugar is so fine it blows my mind!
Just whisking up some love to pull it all together!
Can you say I wanna lick the bowl please!
Simple decorations can make any fun food POP!
Slam Dunk ~ When he is happy ~ Mama is very happy!
DEVIL’S FOOD GRAVEYARD CUPCAKE – HALLOWEEN FUN
DEVIL’S FOOD CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS:
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. baking soda
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sea salt
2 sticks unsalted melted butter
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
3/4 cup Sugar In the Raw Organic White®
4 large eggs
CHOCOLATE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter
3 ½ cups confectioners sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp. sea salt
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
¼ cup crumbled cookies
24 gummy snakes
edible pen (I used black)
READY, SET, GO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk the boiling water and cocoa powder until smooth, then whisk in milk and pure vanilla
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, and salt
- In an electric mixer beat butter and sugars, then add eggs one at a time, then beat in both flour and cocoa mixtures alternately
- With wooden or silicone spatula, mix in chocolate chunks
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake baking cups
- Fill baking cups about 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes or until you stick a toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean (do not over bake)
- LET’S MAKE THE CHOCOLATE WHIPPED FROSTING – Whisk together the unsalted butter, confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, pure vanilla extract, sea salt and heavy whipping cream – mix on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and creamy
- Remove cupcakes from oven; place cupcakes on cooling rack for 10-15 minutes or until completely cooled
- LET’S DECORATE – Write “RIP” on cookie with edible pen, sprinkle crumbled cookies on top of frosting, push cookie into cake and then wrap gummy snake around cookie
In The Raw®, where sweetness runs in the family
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by In The Raw®, via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In The Raw®.