OK, so I posted my Smack Yo Mama Bar-b-que Pork Ribs
, they were smothered in homemade bar-b-que sauce and cooked to perfection. However, if you want to change your ribs up a little you don’t have to serve wet pork ribs to get Smack Yo Mama flavor, these dry rub ribs will provide the same urge! There is no secret some folk grill their ribs with just a dry rub BUT my urge to grill dry rub ribs started at one of my best friend’s home Mrs. Karen (“Oh My and Oh Boy”) Jackson! Oh My and Oh Boy is what Karen would often say after she tasted her own cooking LOL!! Karen is quite the Queen in the kitchen and caters in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Whenever Karen made her grilled dry rub pork ribs people would literally have a grabbing match over them, I mean grabbing ribs out of other folks hands or tripping over people to get to the pan! One gathering Karen made her grilled dry rub ribs and had to hide some in her kitchen draw so she could save some for her husband. I caught her pulling them from the drawer and begged for just one LOL, SERIOUSLY (sorry Jeff I ate one of your ribs that night)!! So I created my own rub and called Karen to ask for tips (she told me about grilling them first and then finishing them in the oven to make em’ tender)! Let me just say this ….. they were so finger lickin, my husband and I were so busy smacking so hard and licking our fingers that all we could do is nod our heads at each other in agreement that these ribs were off the chain! I then proceeded to send Karen a text that read “Gurl these dem dere ribs were so freakin frat good! Oh Boy”! And by the way I know it’s December and it’s bit cold outside but my husband put on his coat, sparked up the grill and put em’ on, the only difference is we ate inside instead of outside (thanks Honey)!! You can also try this recipe on your cooktop grill but will lose some of the smoked flavor! Enjoy and please do not forget to LIKE my FB FAN page on my HOME PAGE
Juicy, Flavorful – Enough Said!
This is the membrane in case you were thinking, what the heck is she talking about?!?
Smack it, Flip it, Rub it down!! LOL – Ahh that dry rub love a dub dub
Ya’ll know I had to end my photos with an up close and personal shot! JUICY!
RUB IT DOWN WITH LOVE GRILLED DRY RUB PORK RIBS
1 nice slab of pork ribs
DRY RUB INGREDIENTS:
¼ cup granulated garlic
¼ cup ground pepper
¼ cup onion powder
¼ cup salt
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup paprika
¼ cup Adobe All Purpose seasoning
READY, SET GO:
- Make your dry rub by adding all dry rub ingredients to a bowl and mixing
- Wash your slab of ribs
- Pat your slab of ribs dry
- Turn slab of ribs over so the bone side is up
- Peel the membrane off the back of the ribs (membrane is a super thin layer of skin on the bone – you can just put your finger under the skin and pull it off)
- Rub your slab of ribs down with all that dry rub love on both sides
- Allow to sit in refrigerator with the rub for at least 1 hour, preferably over night
- After ribs have endured the rub love, allow them to sit out so they become room temperature
- Pre-heat your oven to 350
- Also turn your grill on medium/high
- Grill your slab of ribs on both side for about 15 minutes each (you don’t have to cook them completely because you are going to finish them off in the oven)
- Bring your slab of ribs back in and put in a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil
- Put into oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes
- Put on gloves and cut rib slab into pieces between each bone or you can cut every 2 bones (be careful not to burn yourself)
- These ribs will be extremely flavorful and juicy so be warned you may eat them until you are sick, but at least you will be HAPPY!
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
Double ingredients to make more
Sizzle Sizzle Baby