Let me begin this post by dispelling the notion that a man who cooks is in some way feminine! On the CONTRARY, a man who can cook to many women is extremely attractive! With that said, let me just put something out there I’ve been saying for some years now. “A man who can cook is the new modern day Mr. Right!”
To the Single Ladies – While wining and dining you is a sure way to make you feel special, there is nothing like a man who will take the time, energy and effort to cook you a nice meal. I mean most men can read instructions right? They know how to put a bicycle, desk or TV stand together by reading instructions! What would stop their success when reading a recipe? Don’t forget that the way you start out the relationship is the way you will finish!
To the married women – Let me just say WUSHA! That is how I feel when my wonderful Mr. Right husband decides on his own to surprise me by cooking our family a meal (hence the photos of of him cooking us a wonderful dinner in this post)! Whether you are a stay at home Mom who is exhausted from all the laundry, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc., or the working Mom who is having a hard time at work and needs a break at home, it all leads to the same modern day joy; a man who can cook!
To the single man – If you want to find and keep a good woman you’ve got to come correct! Have you met someone special you feel you could really be serious about? By cooking her a nice meal, you show her just how wonderful her life would be with you in it! It screams independent, self-confident, loving, patient and considerate!
To the married man – If you want to make your wife happy, cook her a nice meal. Make it a surprise! Next, sit back and watch your wife pamper you 100 times over! It is something simple that would mean the world to the woman you love!
A MAN WHO CAN COOK IS THE NEW MODERN DAY MR. RIGHT! BEEF & BROCCOLI DONE RIGHT!
3 cups of frozen broccoli florets
1 lb. beef stir fry strips
1 cup of long grain white rice & two cups of water (rice is always 2 to 1 ratio)
¼ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup Catalina Dressing (I used Kraft)
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Sea Salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Dried thyme to taste
READY, SET GO:
- Boil the water and add a little sea salt and unsalted butter
- Add rice to boiling water, turn the heat down to medium, cover and allow to cook for about 10 – 15 minutes or until rice is al dente (done ~ smile)
- When rice is done add 2 tbsp. unsalted butter and ½ tbsp. sea salt and stir
- NOW LET’S MAKE THE BEEF
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet on medium
- Add beef strips to the extra virgin olive oil (it should sizzle sizzle baby)
- Allow beef strips to cook for 5 – 7 minutes or until beef is fully cooked
- NOW LET’S MAKE THE BROCCOLI
- Add frozen broccoli to a Pampered Chef Vegetable Steamer or medium pot with a cover
- Add 1/3 cup of water to broccoli
- If you are using the Pampered Chef Vegetable Steamer cover and place in microwave for 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender – if you are using a medium pot with cover, put on stove and turn heat to medium/high cover but lift the cover just a little so a very small amount of steam can come out and cook for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender
- After broccoli is done, drain and add unsalted butter and sea salt to taste
- NOW LET’S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add broccoli, hoisin sauce, Catalina dressing and crushed garlic to the cooked beef and stir, cook for 8 – 10 minutes and serve over the white rice.
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY
Sizzle Sizzle Baby