OK who has bought chicken strips from McDonalds, Wendy’s or even Chick-fil-a? Well I have and NONE of them can compare to my version! Yep these are the best homemade chicken strips ever! They are crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside ~ and of course FLAVORFUL! I love making these for dinner! Partner it with a little honey mustard dipping sauce (1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup Country Dijon Mustard, whisk together) and you have chicken strip heaven!Talk about yummy!
The process is simple,the results are amazing!
BEST HOMEMADE CHICKEN STRIPS EVER
8-10 boneless skinless chicken breast strips (or 4 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced into strips)
½ cup canola oil
4 beaten large eggs
2 cups seasoned flour (flour + 2-3 tbsp. sea salt, 1-2 tbsp. ground back pepper and 2-3 tbsp. dried thyme)
2 cups seasoned panko crumbs (if not already seasoned add the same seasoning as you added to flour above + 2 tbsp. paparika)
1-2 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
2-3 tbsp. dried thyme
1-2 tbsp. granulated garlic
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat canola oil in large skillet over medium to high heat
- Clean chicken strips and pat dry, then season all over with sea salt, pepper, thyme and granulated garlic
- Dip in eggs, roll in flour and then roll in panko crumbs, let set for 1-2 minutes then add to hot skillet, turn heat down to medium heat and allow to cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fully cooked (turn frequently to avoid burning and to ensure it cooks all the way through)
- Remove from skillet and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet or cooling rack with foil underneath it to catch any oil that drains, let rest 1-2 minutes prior to serving
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
*don’t overcrowd the skillet and when cooking in between batches scoop the access panko crumbs out before adding more chicken
* also when it is time for another batch turn the heat back up to medium to high so the oil can get really hot again then turn heat down to medium before putting another batch of chicken in the skillet
* Dip it in Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup Country Dijon Mustard, whisk together
- Dip and Enjoy
Sizzle Sizzle Baby