This Creamy Chicken Stroganoff over Linguine recipe had me at “creamy”! I love dishes with gravy ~ this one is so freakin creamy! I made this on a Wednesday night, it was a fast, easy and delicious meal! Hubby and the kids loved it! Thumbs up from all of them! This is one of those recipes you bookmark so its right there at your finger tips when you are in the mood! Hope you enjoy ~ if you’d like more awesome recipes delivered to your inbox the minute they are posted, just let me know!
I JUST LOVE MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS ~ YUM
FLAVOR LOVE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!
CREAMY CHICKEN STROGANOFF OVER LINGUINE
1 box of dried linguine (+ ingredients from back of box)
3-4 skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup sliced Vidalia onion
½ cup thinly sliced baby bella mushrooms
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to grill chicken (+ 2 tbsp. for mushrooms & onions)
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tsp. crushed garlic
1 tbsp. sea salt for chicken (+ 2 tsp. for linguine)
1 tbsp. ground black pepper (+ 2 tsp. for linguine)
2 ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup sour cream
READY, SET GO:
- Cook Linguine according to back of box, once done, season with sea salt and ground pepper and set aside
- Pre-heat 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in grill pan
- Season chicken breast with sea salt and ground black pepper, grill until cook through (about 10-15 minutes on each side) and allow to rest 3-5 minutes, then slice into pieces and set aside
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat add 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, garlic and unsalted butter, once butter is melted, add mushrooms and onions to pan and cook until tender
- Add all-purpose flour and stir until incorporated with mushrooms and onions
- Add chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce, raise heat to high and stir continuously until smooth and boiling, as soon as it boils, lower heat back to medium and add sliced grilled chicken and fold together until incorporated and allow to cook additional 5 – 7 minutes
- Turn heat off and fold in sour cream
- Add healthy portion of chicken stroganoff over linguine to each plate and enjoy!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
Followed the “creamy chicken stroganoff “recipe. As soon as the chicken broth boiled ( per recipe) , it says to “fold” chicken into ….it still has almost THREE cups of broth?? Should I of waited until the broth reduced? I hope I hear a response…I’ve NEVER written to a recipe !!!
Bless you Meagan … that was a typo … it should have been TWO cups of broth … I’ve updated the recipe, thank you again ~
I have made this dish last night and absolutely loved it. It was quick, simple and tasty.
Awesome Eugenia – I am soo happy you enjoyed it … please visit us often for great new recipes!
OMG!!! This was so yummy!!! Very simple to make and perfect!!!
Soo happy you loved it Jennifer, hope you try other recipes :O)
What is the green stuff in your pictures? Just flat leaf parsley, maybe? Very excited to try this recipe!
yep just parsley for presentation