I love all Johnsonville Sausages but I’d have to admit their Andouille Smoked Sausage is one of my favorite. In second running would be their Beddar with Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links (my family and I love them fresh from the skillet for breakfast). I love that they are both fully cooked so I can get them on the plate quickly! Did I mention Johnsonville Sausages doesn’t have ANY fillers? YEP, so I felt guilt free serving it up to the ones I love! So there I was in my kitchen with a couple packages of the Johnsonville Andouille Smoked Sausage split ropes and not much time before I had to feed my family. Then inspiration hit me and I said to myself … Self this smoked flavor would surely go great with a white wine reduction sauce and what about some spinach and other veggies to make this a flavorful and fulfilling dish! Well as I normally do I got all creative with it, flavoring up, throwing in, whisking and of course hitting it with some love and BAM POW KABOOM! Yeah BABY, home run! The flavors in this dish will have you going back in for seconds and thirds! This was the perfect midweek meal that my family enjoyed. It was perfect right after a full day of work and school! I even packed some for lunch the next day and had it for leftovers the next evening! But there were no complaints, well there was one complaint ~ when there were no more left LOL! AND I only had ONE pot to clean when it was all done! I love it when there is only ONE pot in my sink! I hope you try this delicious dish and other delicious recipes from Johnsonville.
Oh Yeah Baby!
DELICIOUS ANDOUILLE SMOKED SAUSAGE, SPINACH, BOWTIE PASTA AND WINE REDUCTION SAUCE
ANDOUILLE & PASTA INGREDIENTS:
2 packages of Johnsonville Andouille Premium Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage
½ cup diced Vidalia onions
½ cup diced red bell peppers
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
3 cups fresh baby spinach
2 tbsp. canola oil
2-3 tsp. sea salt (or until desired taste)
2-3 tsp. ground black pepper (or until desired taste)
1-2 granulated garlic (or until desired taste)
1 14 oz box of Bowtie Pasta (+ ingredients on back of box)
WHITE WINE REDUCTION SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup white wine
Corn starch wet mixture (3 tbsp. corn starch mixed with 2 tbsp. water)
READY, SET GO:
- Cook bowtie pasta as directed on back of box and set aside
- Pre-heat Canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Cut Johnsonville Andouille Smoked Sausage into 1-2 inch medallions, add sausage to skillet and brown on each side for 1-2 minutes, remove from pan and set aside
- Do not turn heat off on skillet, add unsalted butter, onions and red bell peppers, allow to Sautee for 4-5 minutes. Add chicken broth, white wine and turn the heat to high. Once boiling add corn starch mixture and whisk together and allow to cook 4-5 minutes on high heat. Turn heat to low and allow sauce to thicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Once sauce has thickened, fold in spinach, and stir 1-2 minutes or until spinach is soft. Add bowtie pasta, Johnsonville Andouille Smoked Sausage, sea salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and fold all ingredients together. Allow to simmer on low 1-2 minutes so the flavors can marry.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- ENJOY this one pot delicious and fulfilling meal ~
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Johnsonville. However, the opinions expressed herein are absolutely those of the author (me ~ smile) and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Johnsonville.”