I love this dish! Some people cut the chicken breast up and mix with the pasta and Alfredo sauce but I like to grill my chicken and lay it right on top. I also love cream based sauces and Alfredo is on the top of my list. If there is someone in your family or someone you know who is allergic to wheat you can use eggs noodles, that’s really yummy also. This is a quick but filling meal and will surely satisfy the taste buds!
Please do not forget to stay social @ShesGotFlavor and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to receive Free Monthly Recipes as well as the opportunity to purchase E-Recipes that have corresponding cooking videos on TikTok, Instagram and Facebook.
GRILLED CHICKEN OVER CREAMY FETTUCINI ALFREDO
4-6 thinly sliced boneless and skinless chicken breast
1/2 pound dried fettuccini pasta
Extra virgin olive oil for chicken and pasta
4 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
1-2 tbsp She’s Got Flavor All Purpose Seasoning
1-2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1-2 tsp Paprika
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 stick unsalted butter
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
½ cup shredded parmigiano reggiano cheese
¼ cup reserved pasta water
2-3 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
READY, SET GO:
- Clean chicken breast
- Heat grill pan on high with extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken breast on both sides with sea salt, ground pepper, granulated garlic, thyme and Spanish paprika
- Turn grill pan down to medium and add seasoned chicken breast, cook on both sides about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is
cooked all the way through
- While chicken is cooking add about 3-4 cups of water, 2-3 tbsp. of sea salt and vegetable or canola oil to a large sauce pan and place on stove on high
- After water is boiling add dried fettuccini pasta and allow to cook on medium to high for about 10-15 minutes or until
pasta is al dente (stir occasionally)
- Once pasta is al dente, drain water (but set aside 1/4 cup of the pasta water) and add to large bowl and add 4-6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, sea salt (to taste) and
granulated garlic (to taste) and toss
- Add 1 stick (cut up) of unsalted butter to large frying pan on medium to high heat
- Once butter is melted add heavy whipping cream and reserved pasta water and whisk until it comes to a slight boil
- Add parmesan and parmigiano reggiano cheeses to whipping cream, water and butter and gently whisk until all cheese is melted, season with sea salt (to taste) and ground pepper (to taste), allow to come to a boil and then take off heat and allow sit for about 2-3 minutes to thicken
- After alfredo sauce has thickened, add pasta to alfredo sauce and fold gently toss together until pasta is covered in alfredo sauce
- Plate pasta and place chicken breast on top
- Add finely chopped fresh parsley to top
- Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy and one more Enjoy!!
** TIP: If you do not eat meat, omit the chicken, this alfredo fettuccini is also delicious without the meat, try adding some spinach or broccoli
TERRIFIC recipe! You got another winner.
OMG! that looks delicious. This will be Sunday dinner… 🙂
looks delicious….. the chicken does not look like it was just grilled. how did you accomplish it looking like it is breaded. what is that on top of the chicken? i see the parsley, but looks like something else. no grill marks. whatever you did, looks like it will be delicious.
Hi Karen … nope the chicken was just grilled no breading here ;O) … the red stuff on top with the parsley is the Spanish paparika – this dish is so delicious! Hope you enjoy and check out some of our other yummy for your tummy recipes … visit often ;o)
thanks for your reply. yes, it does look “yummy” going to try this weekend.
I wish it were time for dinner and i had any one of those ingredients lol
Love this dish i order this frequently at a favorite restaurant but with sliced sausages and sliced chicken. Now i can make this you shared at home Thanx Dr BJ Tellis
Hi BJ – I love it too, I know you will love this recipe at home so you can make it as often as you like. Thank you for visiting come back and find more great recipes.
For how many servings is this recipe?
Hello Viridiana, thank you for visiting and trying ShesGotFlavor recipes. This recipes serves 4-6 people.
Please never wash your meat. Washing raw meat is a serious food safety contamination concern. It can spread pathogens not only from the meat to your kitchen but also spreads any pathogens around and throughout your meat.