Did someone say BBQ Pulled Pork and Coleslaw? OH YEAH BABY, where are the buns? I love making bbq pulled pork especially in the slow cooker because all I have to do is season it up with spice love and let it cook on low for hours! Meanwhile I am doing house chores; washing clothes, mopping the floors! Or sometimes I just use that time for ME; bubble bath, wash my hair, pick out my clothes for the week! The bbq sauce and coleslaw take no time to make so I do that when the pork has about 30 to 45 more minutes to go! The great thing is no matter who I am feeding everyone loves bbq pulled pork and coleslaw! Did I mention how sweet and tangy this coleslaw is? Well honey it is the BAM POW KABOOM! Oh yeah oh yeah! This will become a staple in your house … but don’t keep it all to yourself share this recipe with your friends and family!
Oh yeah baby!
This marinade is the truth!
There is absolutely nothing like spice love!
Oh my goosh look at all the flavor love!
The perfect sweet & tangy compliment to the bbq pork!
JUICY SLOW COOKER BBQ PULLED PORK WITH SWEET AND TANGY COLESLAW
PULLED PORK INGREDIENTS:
1 7-8 pound pork butt or shoulder
1 16 oz. bottle of Mojo Marinade (I use Goya Bitter Orange)
¼ cup sea salt
3 tbsp. ground black pepper
¼ cup granulated garlic
¼ cup rotisserie seasoning
1/3 cup brown sugar
Buns (I used whole wheat)
HOMEMADE BARBEQUE SAUCE INGREDIENTS (or in bottle from the store):
1 cup ketchup (I use Heinz)
¼ cup Country Dijon mustard
¼ cup honey
¾ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. Grand Marnier (or any bourbon)
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 8 oz. bag of three color coleslaw mix (green and red cabbage and shredded carrots)
½ – ¾ cup of creamy poppy seed salad dressing
½ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. sea salt
READY SET GO:
- Wash pork shoulder and pat dry
- Place in large container and pour mojo marinade all over pork shoulder, cover and marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 24 hours for best marinade
- Remove pork shoulder and rub it generously all over with the sea salt, ground black pepper, granulated garlic, rotisserie seasoning and brown sugar
- Place a large slow cooker bag in slow cooker and turn slow cooker to low, place pork shoulder in slow cooker and allow to cook on low for 4-6 hours or until fork tender (it should just fall apart as you stick your fork in it, if it doesn’t allow to cook until it does)
- LET’S MAKE THE COLESLAW – add all ingredients to a bowl and gently fold together, allow it to set in the refrigerator to heighten the flavor
- LET’S MAKE THE BARBEQUE SAUCE – add all ingredients to a small sauce pan, cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes stirring every 2-3 minutes until fully incorporated
- Carefully pull the pork apart with two forks while still in the slow cooker and drench with the barbeque sauce, add a heaping portion of barbeque pork to a bun and a nice portion of the coleslaw and ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby