Initially I thought this combo couldn’t taste that good! BUT BABY OH BABY, the flavor was intense, I LOVED LOVE LOVED It!!! Not only was this salad delicious, it is healthy to boot! Mandarin oranges provide vitamin C, A, B and folic acid, so good for you! Red beans contain fiber and antioxidants, another good for you food! And snow peas are a good source for magnesium, iron, folate and thiamin, so healthy! I made this salad for my Mother and her friends. When they saw it they all said, we want some meat! I just laughed and said taste it! And honey when they did they were fighting over who’d get the last bowl! Try this salad you will NOT regret it! And for my non-meat eaters, well this is a sure fire win for you!
While you are here don’t forget to LIKE my FB FAN and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to receive flavorful recipes via email. AND let us not forget about TWITTERor INSTAGRAM!!
Wash & cut tips off snow peas, boil them in water and salt
add all ingredients to large bowl and gently fold together
MANDARIN ORANGE, RED BEAN & SNOW PEA SALAD
13 oz. can of small red beans (drained and rinsed)
30 oz. can of mandarin oranges in syrup (drained)
8oz. pack of snow peas
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
3 cups boiling water (+1 tsp. sea salt)
2-4 tsp. sea salt
2-4 tsp. ground black pepper
1.2 tbsp. granulated sugar
READY, SET GO:
- Wash snow peas and cut tips off diagonally
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and add snow peas, allow to cook for 10 minutes
- Fill a large bowl full of ice water and set aside, once snow peas are done cooking add to bowl of ice water and allow to sit 5 minutes
- Add drained red beans and mandarin oranges, snow peas, lemon juice, parsley, sea salt, ground black pepper, and granulated sugar to a large bowl
- Gently fold all ingredients together to incorporate
- Allow to sit in refrigerator 1-2 hours for best flavor
- ENJOY, ENJOY AND ENJOY!
Tip: Eat as a main course or along with baked salmon or cod
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I am satisfied that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this.Thank you for sharing.
These are the best beans! I really love these beans. It makes me feel nostalgic since it’s the kind of beans my nana once made for us when we were young kids. I will try to make this recipe tonight for my kids. Thanks for sharing!
This mandarin orange re bean snow pea salad is a must try for a healthier life. This would surely mean a lot. Thanks for sharing this one out.