OK, before I even get started let me just say Salmon is my favorite seafood, when cooked right it just melts in your mouth! This salad was inspired by a local caterer whose food is well lets just say FABULOUS!! After having this salad and several minutes of moaning from the great taste, I had to go home to replicate it! It is truly simple to make but has a POW BAM KABOOM kinda affect on your taste palate! The first time I made it was for a dinner with my husband and the kids and two great friends of ours and their son! It turned out perfect! Hope you find it perfect as well! Enjoy and please do not forget to LIKE my FB FAN page on my HOME PAGE and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to receive these fantastic recipes via email. AND let us not forget about TWITTER (click here)!
MANDARIN ORANGE SALMON SALAD
1 slab of fresh salmon (the size depends on number of guests)
2 11 oz. cans of Mandarin Oranges in light syrup (drained)
1 bag of spring mix lettuce (or fresh baby spinach)
½ cup craisins
¼ cup lime juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Vadalia Onion Vinaigrette Dressing/Honey Mustard Dressing
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Clean your Salmon
- Put it in a flat pan or plastic container and pour the lime juice over the Salmon to give it a lime bath, allow to sit for 15 – 20 minutes
- Pour lime juice out and rinse the Salmon off
- Rub Salmon down with extra virgin olive oil on the front and back
- Season the Salmon on the front and back to your liking with the sea salt, granulated garlic, ground pepper, and old bay
- Place Salmon on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (preferable the non-stick)
- Bake Salmon in oven for about 25-30 minutes or until salmon is cooked through (be careful not to overcook salmon, it will become dry)
- Remove Salmon from the oven and cut thin slices of unsalted butter and place all over top of salmon
- Drizzle honey all over top of Salmon
- Change your oven from bake to high broil
- Put Salmon back in oven for about 5 minutes just enough for butter to melt and honey to caramelize (yum)
- Remove Salmon from oven and allow to rest for at 10-15 minutes or until Salmon is warm
- Add spring mix lettuce, craisins and drained mandarin oranges to your serving dish
- Lay warm Salmon on top of lettuce, craisins and mandarin oranges
- Offer the Vadalia Onion Vinaigrette Dressing and/or Honey Mustard Dressing on the side so your guests can dress their salad the way they like
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
Tip: Double ingredients to make more
Tip: Add some red onions for a punch (if you know your guests like onions)
Tip: I bought my serving dish from Home Goods (I love that store)
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
Made mine & the hubby’s mouths water. He’s still talking about it! Keep up the delicious inspiration 🙂
Thanks Marlene, so happy you all enjoyed it! Visit often ..
This looks so delicious. Salmon is always a a tricky dish for me. I can never get it just right but I think I will give this a go tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!!!
You are right Simone, you have to cook Salmon just right or it will be either under cooked or just dry! Try this recipe step by step and I know you will be pleased with the results!
Pleased is not the word, Utokia. The fella and I devoured this!!! It was amazing!!!! I will definitely be adding this one to the rotation…often!! I have shared the link to this recipe with my sister and friends. LOL I am telling the world about this one. hehe 🙂