Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. I had to give you a nice, thoughtful, flavorful, edible and easy to make gift to give. This recipe was easy as pie to make. It is also a nice recipe to ask the kids to join in; a super fun family project. Or maybe you have family over and there are like 5 kids you need to entertain! Why not bring them into the kitchen (they can even lick the chocolate bowl ~ smile). It doesn’t matter if you are breaking this candy up in chunks to serve as a nibbler before and/or after dinner or cutting it into small pieces and putting them in gift bags for your friends and family, this will surely please (I mean GOOSH who doesn’t like CHOCOLATE?). I bought some small gift bags and tied a nice ribbon to close the bag; the perfect gift! It was inexpensive and it was personal because I put my time, energy and love into it ~ smile! Doesn’t that make ya want to make some Marble Peppermint Bark? Enjoy and please do not forget to LIKE my FB FAN page on my HOME PAGE. AND let us not forget about TWITTER (click here)!
MARBLE PEPPERMINT BARK – THE PERFECT EDIBLE CHRISTMAS GIFT
1 24 ounce Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (I used Toll House)
1 11 ounce White Chocolate Chips (I used Ghirardelli)
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil (for semi-sweet chocolate)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (for white chocolate)
10 crushed red and white candy canes
READY, SET GO:
- Crush your candy canes first, do so by removing wrappers and adding them to large zip lock bag
- Hit Zip lock bag with the back of a heavy spoon or anything that will crush the candy canes, how fine you make them is up to you
- Line baking sheet with non-stick foil or parchment paper
- Place your semi-sweet chocolate and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a microwavable bowl and heat in microwave for 1 minute
- After first minute in the microwave, remove and stir, if semi-sweet morsels have not melted add back to the microwave in 15 second intervals, removing the bowl each time to stir until semi-sweet chocolate is fully melted (be careful not to burn the chocolate, as you stir the morsels melt so if you just have a few morsels to melt stop there and just stir until melted
- Pour melted semi-sweet chocolate onto baking sheet and spread out into a rectangle shape (do not spread too thin)
- Please your white chocolate and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a microwaveable bowl and heat in microwave for 1 minute
- After first minute has passed in the microwave, remove and stir, if white chips have not melted add back to the microwave in 15 second intervals, removing the bowl each time to stir until white chocolate is fully melted (be careful not to burn the chocolate, remember you have less white chocolate than you do semi-sweet so it should not take you as long to melt the white chocolate as it did the semi-sweet)
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over semi-sweet chocolate and then take butter knife or back of a spoon and swirl into the semi-sweet until your chocolates are marble (swirl VERY gently you just want to achieve the marble look on top, you do not want to stir the two chocolates together)
- Once you achieve the marble appearance, take handfuls of your crushed candy canes and sprinkle all over the chocolates ~ the amount it up to you
- Place the baking sheet with the chocolates into the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour or longer
- Once the chocolate has hardened, remove from baking sheet and place on a cutting board and cut into either big chunks to serve before and/or after dinner or cut into smaller pieces and add to small gift bags for friends and family.
- Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas to all and to all more cooking to come, ENJOY!
Tip: Refrigerate Peppermint Bark, its chocolate folks it will melt
Tip 2: Double ingredients to make more
Sizzle Sizzle Baby