I first saw Chef Robert Irvine create this yummy side dish called Hasselback Potatoes on the Food Network Show Restaurant Makeover. I was drooling at the site of these hasselback potatoes! I said to myself, OMG I have got to create this at home!! And of course share it with you :O) This is a simple recipe but OMG talk about taking a potato and turning it into a superhero potato! My taste buds were happy happy as I devoured these babies!! Hope you enjoy!!
OH YEAH BABY!!
I WENT BUTTER HAPPY, LMAO ~ SCALE BACK IF YOU NEED
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH HASSELBACK BAKED POTATOES
3-4 medium to large sized russet potatoes
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
3-4 tbsp. unsalted chilled ¼ inch slices of butter
2-3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2-3 slices of thick pork bacon
1-2 tsp. sour cream (for each potato)
2-4 tsp. green onions
READY, SET GO:
- Set oven to 400 degrees
- Thoroughly clean russet potatoes and pat dry
- Rub entire potato with extra virgin olive oil
- Carefully slice potatoes about ¼ inch a part BUT DO NOT cut all the way to bottom, stop before bottom of potato so there are potato slices but the whole potato stays intact
- Add unsalted butter slices between each potato slice
- Line baking pan with Reynolds® Parchment Paper, add potatoes to lined baking pan and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes
- While potatoes are baking, cut bacon into small pieces and fry in skillet for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and set aside
- Remove potatoes from oven, season with sea salt and ground black pepper, drizzle evenly with heavy whipping cream and place back in the oven to continue baking uncovered another 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool 5-10 minutes before adding bacon pieces, sour cream and green onions to top of each potato
- ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
While you are here don’t forget to LIKE my FB FAN and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to receive flavorful recipes via email. AND let us not forget about TWITTER or INSTAGRAM!!