I couldn’t resist topping my apple muffins with a Cinnamon Streusel and if you try this recipe you will know exactly why! The cinnamon streusel sends this muffin into overtime yummy! I don’t know about you but I like my muffins moist, I can’t stand a dry muffin. And it also needs to have some sweetness but not too sweet like a cupcake but just that right hint of sweetness! This recipe almost knocked me over with flavor because I did get that touch of sweet but I also tasted the lovely tang of the granny smith apples! OK let me stop here and let you try em’ ~ you won’t regret it! Don’t forget to share the flavor love!
oh yeah baby
always using Reynolds Wrap® StayBrite® cause when I share I care
I want my muffins to look pretty for my guests
i love the simplicity of seeing the beginning
and then tasting the yummy ending
soo much flavor love taking place here
and this is what you call cinnamon streusel at its best
ready to get baked to perfection
you know you want a bite
going to star bucks to buy a muffin ~ about $2.50
making em’ homemade for you and your guest ~ priceless
MOIST APPLE CINNAMON STREUSEL MUFFINS
CINNAMON APPLE MUFFINS INGREDIENTS:
2 granny smith apples peeled and diced
2 tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
1 beaten egg
½ cup buttermilk
1 ½ tbsp. vanilla
1-2 tsp. confectioner sugar
CINNAMON STREUSEL TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ stick cold unsalted butter
¼ cup dark brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin pan with Reynolds Wrap® StayBrite® baking cups and set aside
- Macerate the apples by folding the apples, sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl and set aside
- In another large bowl combine flour, dark brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg baking powder, baking soda, pour in melted butter and mix with a fork or your fingers until a crumbly flour mixture is formed
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, buttermilk and vanilla to create buttermilk mixture ~ once incorporated add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and fold in macerated apples
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop mixture into Reynolds Wrap® StayBrite® baking cups
- LETS MAKE THE CINNAMON STREUSEL TOPPING
- Add flour, brown sugar, cold unsalted butter and ground cinnamon to a food processor and pulse until crumbly (do not over pulse ~ it should be clumpy)
- Crumble Streusel over each muffin mixture and bake for 20 to 25 minutes
- Allow muffins to completely cool then dust with confectioner sugar
Thanks so much for the delicious recipes. Your cranberry sauce was one of the best dishes for my holiday gatherings, and I’m going to make the crab pie real soon. Would you please hook up with Ziplist so that we can save your wonderful recipes? Thanks again!
I seriously wish I had one of those with my coffee right now. Delish!
Oh my goodness, those look delicious! I have pinned this one for later.
You have some of the best recipes! I’m going to try these with my boychild!
Wow these look so yummy . I am going to have to try making these for my family.
Oh yeah baby indeed…lol I am going to make this for the kids and I. Looks so delicious…..Thanks!
Those look delicious! My wife would love these, maybe for valentines day!
I just made these. Absolutely amazing! One of the best muffin recipes I’ve come across.
Awesome Elle … check out some of our other delish recipes :O)
With a bag fill of apples, and not the desire to eat them I desided muffins were the way to go!
So I made them. I am a big fan of licking the bowl (a kind of indicator to what’s coming) and for once it wasn’t nice. But I wouldn’t be put off. And thank goodness I wasn’t. As soon as they were out they were SO yummy I two and trying not to go back for more!
What an amazing recipe!!! Out right delicious x
Awesome glad you enjoyed it Claire