I stumbled upon this recipe in my mind. I had the taste for some scallops so I went to the grocery store and bought some scallops but had no idea how I would prepare them. Then it hit me, I absolutely love using baby spinach in my salad. Then I said to myself how can I get the best flavor from these scallops? I told myself let’s keep this one simple because scallops are stars by themselves. So I thought ok, I will toss these scallops in some extra virgin olive oil, some sea salt, pepper and thyme and then grill those babies. Then I said ok, so now I need a dressing. I know lemon is always good with seafood so that was my base. I chose to do a lemon vinaigrette because it’s light and I didn’t want to over power the scallops! By the time I put it all together, I was like OH BOOM BAM KABAAM BOOM! I did it again!!!!! You will love this grilled scallop salad. It is a perfect appetizer, lunch or light dinner! Enjoy and please do not forget to LIKE my FB FAN page on my HOME PAGE.
MOUTH WATERING GRILLED SCALLOP SPINACH SALAD WITH SWEET LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
GRILLED SCALLOP SPINACH SALAD INGREDIENTS:
1 cup of fresh baby spinach
6-8 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (to toss with scallops)
1-2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (to heat in the pan)
Sea salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper (to taste)
Dried thyme (to taste)
SWEET LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
Juice of ½ a lemon
3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 tsp. of country Dijon mustard
zest of ½ a lemon
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
Sea salt (to taste)
Ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
READY, SET GO:
- Rinse your scallops off
- Gently toss your scallops in a bowl with the 6-8 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, ground black pepper and thyme and set aside
- Pull out your grill pan and add 1-2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil and turn the heat to high to get your grill pan hot
- Once your grill pan is hot, turn the heat down to medium and then add your scallops to the grill pan and allow scallops to grill for about 2-3 minutes on each side, turning your scallops 2-3 times until you have nice grill marks and your scallops are cooked through
- Allow your scallops to rest 2-3 minutes after the are done
- Add your baby spinach to your plate and top it with your grilled scallops
- LET’S MAKE THE SWEET LEMON VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- Combine the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, country Dijon mustard, lemon zest, granulated sugar, sea salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl and vigorously whisk together until well incorporated
- Slowly add ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil while whisking at the same time until there is a smooth consistency
- Drizzle sweet lemon vinaigrette dress over grilled scallops and baby spinach
- ENJOY, ENJOY and one more ENJOY
TIP: Double Recipe to prepare more
Always taste your food before plating
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
Alright Utokia, I’ve had my eye on several of your recipes but I think I will start with this one. I adore scallops!!!! Thanks for sharing your creations.
hope you enjoy Simone
Love this recipe. I found your site through Krystel at http://www.armywives101.com
Will be following!
Welcome to She’s Got Flavor Kathy. Wow, I’ll have to pay Krystel and visit to thank her. Stay tuned for more and more flavorful recipes.
Hunnnni~girl!! umm, ummm, ummmm!!! i made that Mouth Watering Grilled Scallop Spinach Salad with Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
and it was some kinda good… I’ve never had scallop and it was delish.. I will be making again for the girls night over… Thanks for sharing…..
Hi Cookee, I am soo happy you enjoyed the grilled scallop salad, my husband and I loved it as well. Hope you continue to visit She’s Got Flavor for more recipes.