I am always looking for new flavorful and creative ways to make sandwiches for my family. When I worked in Downtown Washington, DC, I used to buy a sandwich for lunch from a local deli that had roasted chicken with cranberry sauce. That sandwich was oh so delicious, that I sometimes spontaneously crave it. So of course I said hmph – I am not going to Washington, DC every time I want a sandwich like this, so I created my own ahhhhh!!
I knew I wanted to keep with the theme of chicken and cranberry but I also felt obligated to kick the flavor up (because that’s just what I do)!! The results were an outstanding sandwich for which my loving husband and children all gave me the super thumbs up!!!! I hope you will try this recipe with your friends and family!!! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE and to pass this site/recipe on to everyone you know!! They will love you for it!!!
1 medium sized already cooked oven-roasted whole chicken (I buy mine from the grocery store)
1 cup of sliced celery
1/2 cup diced green onions (sometimes called spring onions)
3-4 dashes of dijon mustard
1/2 cup of mayo (I sometimes use a little more b/c I like my chicken salad wet, so moisten it to taste)
Sea Salt (to taste)
Ground Pepper (to taste)
Granulated Garlic (to taste)
1/4 cup melted butter
1-2 tbsp thyme
8 slices of cranberry sauce
4 slices of creamy Brie cheese
READY, SET GO:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees or turn your Broiler on high
2. Pull meet off oven-roasted chicken, cut into small to medium chunks and add to a bowl
3. Add mayo, dijon mustard, celery, green onions, sea salt,ground pepper and granulated
garlic to bowl with chunks of oven-roasted chicken and fold together, then set aside
4. Add thyme, sea salt & ground pepper to melted butter and stir
5. Cut croissants open into halves and lay on aluminum foil or baking dish so it is opened faced
6. Brush both halves of croissants with the seasoned melted butter mixture.
7. Place 1 slice of Brie cheese for each sandwich on half of croissant
8. Place croissants in oven for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted (if you are using broiler
leave in for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted)
9. Take croissants out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
10. Add 2 slices of cranberry for each sandwich on half of croissant
11. Use an ice cream scooper or large spoon and add two generous heapings of the chicken salad for each sandwich on half of croissants
12. Add top croissants to bottoms and ENJOY the FLAVOR from your Fabulous Chicken Salad Dream Sandwich!!! Whoo Hoo ….