New Protein Pasta Bowl Idea
Thank you to Knorr® for sponsoring this recipe!
Looking for an easy, nutritious meal to partner with your workout routine? Welp… you have just found the right recipe! This protein pasta bowl made with Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta will fill you up and give you the energy you need to get through your next workout! Did I mention it will also please your family? Did I also mention it ONLY cost me $10 to make? Finally, did I mention you can get it on the table in 30 minutes or less? Haha!! All of the above – yes, yes, yes!
Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta is a whole wheat pasta blended with bold aged cheddar and broccoli florets that contains no artificial flavors or preservatives, and no colors from artificial sources. We paired this delicious pasta side with blackened chicken breast and some of our favorite veggies (bell peppers and mushrooms) for the perfect flavor-packed family meal!
An easy recipe that is not only delicious, but also doesn’t break the bank! A win, win, win for the entire family!
Check out the full recipe and instructions below!
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless thinly-sliced chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of ground black pepper
- 2 packages of Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta (plus 1 ½ cups of water, ¼ cup milk and 1 tbsp. olive oil per instructions on the package)
- ½ red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup Baby Bella mushrooms (diced)
- Rub 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil on both sides of the chicken breasts
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning and ground black pepper
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on high heat, add chicken breasts to hot pan and turn heat down to medium, cook on both sides 5-7 minutes or until cooked through
- Cook both packages of Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta(per the directions on the back of the package)
- In a medium skillet, add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds, add the diced red bell peppers and Baby Bella mushrooms, and sauté 3-5 minutes
- Add sautéed red bell peppers and Baby Bella mushrooms to the cooked Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta and gently stir to incorporate
- LET’S BUILD THE PROTEIN BOWL – scoop a portion of the Knorr® Selects White Cheddar Broccoli with Cavatappi Pasta with red bell peppers and mushrooms into a bowl, slice blackened chicken breast and lay over pasta. Super Yummy!
Coriander powder is made from fresh coriander seeds. It enhances the texture of food and also gives it a delightful aroma.