Healthy never tasted this good! Hmm is it the pan seared salmon or the cherry tomatoes in the arugula salad or maybe its the sweet citrus vinaigrette dressing that has my heart filled with butterflies! This was a fun recipe for me to develop because it has some of my favorite ingredients, salmon and anything salad citrus. But it’s most close to my heart (no pun intended lol) because I used Mazola Corn Oil an oil that is heart healthy and light! It doesn’t take away from my foods natural flavors (and ya’ll know I love flavor).
Don’t get me wrong anyone who has followed my blog knows I love some finger licking dishes that aren’t always the most healthy but oh so good! But you have to incorporate healthy ingredients in your diet like using Mazola Corn Oil that helps to keep our precious hearts healthy! If you love this dish you are going to love the healthy dishes others have created using Mazola Corn Oil!
PAN SEARED SALMON OVER ARUGULA SALAD WITH A SWEET CITRUS VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
PAN SEARED SALMON INGREDIENTS:
2-4 slabs of salmon
2-3 tbsp. Mazola Corn Oil
Herbed butter (1/2 stick room temperature unsalted butter + 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, 2 tbsp. cilantro and 1 ½ tbsp. thyme – all finely chopped and 1 tsp. crushed garlic)
½ cup flour mixture (wondra flour + 2 tsp. sea salt, 2 tsp. white pepper)
¼ tsp. sea salt and ¼ tsp. white pepper to season salmon
SWEET CITRUS VINAIGRETTE SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of half a grapefruit
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp. honey
¼ cup Mazola Corn Oil
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
¼ cup chopped red onion
1-2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
½ tbsp. granulated sugar
3-4 cups baby arugula
½ cup thinly sliced red cabbage
½ cup red cherry tomatoes sliced in half
½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes sliced in half
READY, SET, GO:
- To prepare to sear the salmon, add Mazola Corn Oil to Pan over medium/high heat and allow oil to get hot
- Season each piece of salmon with sea salt and white pepper (bottom and top), lightly sprinkle with flour mixture, once oil is hot, add 2 pieces (do not over crowd the pan) of salmon to the pan bottom side up and allow to sear 2-3 minutes, then turn over and allow the bottom to sear 2-3 minutes
- LET’S MAKE THE HERBED BUTTER (as soon as you add the salmon to the pan so you can be ready) ~ mix half a stick of room temperature unsalted butter with the cilantro, rosemary, thyme, sea salt, garlic and white pepper until incorporated
- Once the salmon is done, add 1 tbsp. of herbed butter to the pan, as it melts tilt the pan a little so the oil and butter are easy to spoon out and spoon the melted herbed butter over the salmon, do this 2-3 times, then remove salmon from the pan to a plate and allow to rest 1-2 minutes before adding to top of salad
- LET’S MAKE THE SALAD DRESSING ~ to a medium bowl add the lemon juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, honey, Mazola Corn Oil, red wine vinegar, red onion, sea salt, black pepper and granulated sugar and whisk together until incorporated
- LET’S MAKE THE SALAD ~ toss the baby arugula, red cabbage, yellow and red cherry tomatoes together and drizzle with the sweet citrus vinaigrette dressing, top with salmon and add dressing a bit more dressing over the salmon and ENJOY!!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mazola via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mazola.