HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! The 4th of July is a time to celebrate the Independence of these great United States of America and what better way to celebrate than with a special sweet treat. These Red Velvet Cream Cheese Blueberry Cupcakes take celebration to the next level of happy!! I love the beautiful blue color of Reynolds® StayBrite® baking cups because they hold their color keeping up my red, white and blue 4th of July momentum! Had a ball making them, eating them and happy to share them! From my family to yours, happy 4th of July, hope you ENJOY!
OH YEAH BABY!
A LITTLE DOLLOP OF CREAM CHEESE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD!
THE PERFECT COMBO ~ RED VELVET AND CREAM CHEESE LOVE
3 LETTERS ~ OMG
ONE CUPCAKE, ONE NATION CELEBRATION, ONE HAPPY ME!
RED VELVET CREAM CHEESE BLUEBERRY CUPCAKE
INGREDIENTS FOR RED VELVET CAKE BATTER:
1 store bought red velvet cake box + ingredients as directed on back of box
1-2 tsp. red food coloring
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESECAKE:
2 8oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
2 eggs (beaten)
INGREDIENTS FOR BLUEBERRY TOPPING:
1 10-12 oz bag of frozen blueberries (defrosted and drained)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
½ stick unsalted butter
READY, SET GO:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking tin with Reynolds® StayBrite® baking cups
- Prepare red velvet cake batter as directed on back of box + add red food coloring
- Pour red velvet cake batter ¼ up the Reynolds® StayBrite® baking cups and set aside
- To make the cream cheese mixture, in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium mix the cream cheese, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth
- Place a about 2 tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the red velvet cake batter
- With a tooth pick gently swirl the cream cheese mixture into the red velvet batter
- Place cupcakes in the oven and cook for 18-22 minutes, when done remove from oven and allow to completely cool inside baking tin
- While the cupcakes are baking make the blueberry topping by adding the drained blueberries, granulated sugar and unsalted butter to a medium sauce pan over high heat, stir and allow to come to a boil, once at a boil turn heat to low and allow to simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and set aside to cool
- Once cupcakes and blueberry topping are cooled, add blueberry topping to the top of the cupcakes and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes
- ENJOY and share the RED VELVET CREAM CHEESE & BLUEBERRY LOVE!
That’s How This Real Mom Does It