Affordable, Quick-and-Easy Dinner Idea
Thank you to Knorr® for sponsoring this recipe!
Close your eyes and imagine your very own delicious and personal pot pie – from the table to your tummy in less than 30 minutes! This pot pie is filled with cheesy goodness, including protein (chicken), veggies (carrots and peas) and a flaky crust! This Risotto Chicken Pot Pie was made with Knorr® Selects Four Cheese Risotto, seamlessly taking the challenge out of making risotto, not to mention its rich, creamy deliciousness! Hubby and the kids loved these!
And yes, just like my other Knorr Select recipes, this easy-to-use product was able to feed our family of four for only $10 ($2.50 per serving). You really cannot beat this delicious, easy, and cost-effective meal!
Check out the full recipe and instructions below!
- 2 packages of Knorr® Selects Four Cheese Risotto (plus 1 ½ cups water, 1 cup milk and 2 tbsp olive oil per the instructions on back)
- 1 12 oz. bag of frozen carrots and peas
- 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 defrosted puff pastry sheets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (mixed with 2 tablespoons of water to create an egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Cook both packages of with Knorr® Selects Four Cheese Risotto(per package instructions)
- Cook frozen carrots and peas (per package instructions)
- Add cooked carrots and peas, low sodium chicken broth and shredded chicken to cooked Knorr® Selects Four Cheese Risotto and gently stir to create a creamy risotto mixture
- Lay the two defrosted puff pastry sheets out under the all-purpose flour, turn the round pans/ramekins you are using to bake the pot pies upside down on each puff pastry sheet and use a knife to cut around it to cut out the puff pastry tops of your pot pies
- Add healthy scoops of the risotto mixture into the ramekins, brush the egg wash along the top of the edges of the round pans/ramekins (this will help the puff pastry adhere)
- Place the round puff pastry to the top of the filled round pans/ramekins, brush with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with ground black pepper, cut four small slits on the top and bake on 400 degrees uncovered for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- While it is hot brush tops with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on top and ENJOY, ENJOY AND ENJOY! Soo much GOODNESS!