I’ve roasted bar-b-que brisket in the oven before and it was absolutely wonderful but I decided to try using a different cooking method. I was already baking Peruvian Chicken for Sunday dinner and decided to put a brisket in the slow cooker so I didn’t have to cook dinner the next day! Well honey let me tell you … it turned out to be dinner for Monday night, lunch on Tuesday for my kids and leftovers on Friday! Hubby and kids tore this open faced brisket sandwich up!! When my son took his first bite, all he could say was “umm umm umm”! The best part was all I had to do was season it, add my slow cooker bag to my crock pot, add my liquids, close the lids, turn it on and let it be! YES!! This is a great way to cook for multiple days when you have to spend your time on working, kid’s homework, activities and just keeping the household together!
nothing like using a cooking method
that allows you to season, add and leave it!
these peppers added a special kinda flavor love!
creamy Havarti Cheese ~ YUM!
family happy ~ priceless!
SLOW COOKER OPEN FACED BRISKET HEAVEN
SLOW COOKER BRISKET INGREDIENTS:
1 4-5 pound beef brisket
2-4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (coat brisket)
3 cups beef broth
½ cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp. A1 steak sauce
1 packet of beef onion soup mix (do not make the soup, just use the mix)
2-4 tsp. Sea salt
2-4 tsp. ground black pepper
2-4 tsp. granulated garlic
4-6 tsp. adobe all-purpose seasoning
1-2 tsp. Paprika
4-6 tsp. dark/light brown sugar
1 medium red pepper sliced
1 medium green pepper sliced
2-4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (red & green peppers)
1-2 tbsp. honey
2-4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil (re-heat brisket)
1 tsp. unsalted butter for each sandwich
Potato bread sandwich rolls
½ inch slices of Creamy Havarti Cheese for each sandwich
1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker liner
READY SET GO:
- Add Reynolds® Slow Cooker liner to slow cooker
- Rinse brisket, pat dry and rub entire beef brisket with extra virgin olive oil
- Season brisket with sea salt, ground black pepper, granulated garlic, adobe all-purpose seasoning, paprika and dark/light brown sugar
- Place brisket in Reynolds® Slow Cooker liner in the slow cooker and add the beefy onion soup mix, beef broth, apple cider vinegar and A1 steak sauce
- Close the slow cooker with the lid and turn slow cooker on low heat, set timer for 9-12 hours and let it do its magic!
- Allow brisket to rest 8-10 minutes after removing from the slow cooker before slicing. (If you are serving the next day, allow brisket to cool completely then put in the refrigerator – to re-heat it the next day, slice and add extra virgin olive oil to skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes or until tender).
LET’S MAKE THE RED & GREEN PEPPERS WITH HONEY
- Add 2-4 tsp. olive oil to a skillet, cook red and green bell peppers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, after bell peppers are tender, drizzle honey over them and allow to cook addition 2-4 minutes or until honey is caramelized.
LET’S MAKE THE OPEN FACED SANDWICH
- Turn oven to broil
- Split potato sandwich rolls in the middle (so you open the sandwich from the middle instead of the sides, spread unsalted butter on potato bread sandwich roll, pile brisket on, add bell peppers and add creamy Havarti cheese on top
- Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted (watch it so it doesn’t burn)
- Add your favorite condiment (mayo, ketchup, mustard or like my daughter nothing at all) and ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!
TIP: the next day you can serve the brisket without the bread, peppers and cheese and pour a little bar-b-que sauce over it and serve with veggies and a starch.
Oh and did I mention how easy cleanup is – after you removed the brisket and ladled its juices out, just toss the Reynolds® Slow Cooker liner in the trash! BAM!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
Yummy? – Yes Honey