This shrimp roll is perfect for a romantic picnic!! It kicks up the typical sandwich and would be a great meal to serve with a nice glass of wine and maybe some fresh fruit. It has the right amount of flavor and juicy that will surely please. You could also make this roll the day before and take it to lunch because the flavor just intensifies when wrapped and stored in the refrigerator overnight. My hubby gave me two thumbs up as he devoured it! That was all I needed ~ I hope you enjoy it as much we did!
While you are here don’t forget to LIKE my FB FAN and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to receive flavorful recipes via email. AND let us not forget about TWITTER or INSTAGRAM!!
OH YEAH BABY!
JUST STEAMIN SOME SHRIMP
STEAMED SHRIMP ROLL W/CUCUMBER SLAW
1 Cup Shrimp (cooked, peeled and deveined)
1 12 oz. Beer (I used Corona)
1 tbsp. Old Bay
2 Sub Rolls
2-3 tbs. unsalted butter (to butter rolls)
1 tsp. Dried Thyme (for rolls)
½ cup chopped cucumber (match sticks)
¼ Cup Mayo (I use Hellmann’s)
1 tbsp. of lime juice
2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Ground Pepper
2 tsp. Dried Rosemary
2 tsp. Dried Thyme (for cucumber slaw)
Ready, Set, Go:
- Clean and remove tails from shrimp
- Add beer and old bay to large sauce pot and bring to a boil
- Add shrimp to sauce pot, cover and allow to steam for 8-10 minutes, drain, remove shrimp and set shrimp aside
- Butter and season rolls with dried thyme and broil on high for 30-60 seconds to toast (watch closely so it doesn’t burn)
- LET’S MAKE CUCUMBER SLAW
- Add match stick cucumber, lime juice, sea salt, black ground pepper, rosemary and thyme to a bowl and fold together to incorporate
- LET’S BUILD THE STEAMED SHRIMP ROLLS
- Add layer of steamed shrimp, layer of cucumber slaw and sliced tomatoes to toasted rolls
- INDULDGE, ENJOY and above all SAVOR THE FLAVOR!!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby