Do you think healthy food has to mean bland? If your answer is yes, this recipe will surely change your mind! Talk about healthy but addictive! The spinach, mandarin oranges and strawberries all work to your body’s good! Top this salad ever so lightly with this Asian Sesame Dressing and experience an unexpected explosion of flavor! Certainly this is a meal you don’t have to feel guilty about! I made this for a gathering at my mothers house and people were fighting over the last bit and asking for the recipe. Food is supposed to make you happy, this salad lives up to that expectation and exceeds it – POW BAM KABOOM!
Hope you enjoy! Please do not forget to LIKE my FB FAN page on my HOME PAGE and SUBSCRIBE to my blog to receive flavorful recipes via email. AND let us not forget about TWITTER!
STRAWBERRY & MANDARIN ORANGE SPINACH SALAD WITH ASIAN SESAME DRESSING
2-4 cups baby spinach
2-4 cups strawberries slice in half
1-2 11 oz. cans of mandarin oranges (drained)
½ cup dark soy sauce
1 ½ tbsp. sesame oil
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. almond butter
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
½ tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
3 tbsp. honey
Reynolds Aluminum Foil
A small baking pan
READY, SET GO:
- Clean spinach and strawberries
- In a bowl toss the spinach, strawberries and drained mandarin oranges and set aside
- LET’S MAKE THE ASIAN SESAME DRESSING
- Turn on broiler and set to high
- Vigorously whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil, dark brown sugar, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar, and honey in a bowl until smooth
- Line a baking pan with Reynolds Aluminum Foil and add sesame seeds
- Place sesame seeds under broiler for 10-20 seconds (careful not to burn)
- Carefully lift Reynolds Aluminum Foil with toasted sesame seeds and pour into mixture, stir and chill in refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes
- ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!
TIP: Serve a small serving as an appetizer or a large portion for dinner!!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby