Let me begin this post by saying OMG! That is what I said after biting into this beautiful sandwich. What made me turn my crab salad into a club sandwich I don’t know. What I do know is it was a fantastic idea. This sandwich is screaming FLAVOR FLAVOR FLAVOR!! From the sweetness of the challah bread to the savory bacon and crab it is a slam dunk!
SUCCULENT CRAB SALAD CLUB SANDWICH
1 pound backfin crab meat
14 oz. Imitation Crab Meat
4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
¼ cup sweet relish
¼ cup spring/green onions
½ cup chopped celery
Kosher salt (to taste)
Ground pepper (to taste)
Granulated garlic (to taste)
Old Bay seasoning (to taste)
4 tbsp. lemon juice
Mayo (to texture (wet or dry), I use Hellman’s and I use about ½ cup because I like mine wet)
Sliced challah bread (the twist)
Pork Bacon (number of strips to taste, I used 2 per sandwich)
Extra ¼ cup Mayo (I use Hellman’s) for the garlic mayo
Extra 4 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Sliced tomatoes (number to taste, I used 2 per sandwich)
Baby spinach (amount to taste, I used 5-6 leaves per sandwich)
READY, SET GO:
- Combine the backfin crab meat, imitation crab meat, cilantro, relish, green onions, celery, kosher salt, ground pepper, granulated garlic, old bay seasoning and lemon juice, fold together until fully blended (when adding seasoning taste as you go, remember you can always add more but you cannot take it back if it is too much, take it slow and taste as you season), that’s all it takes to make our crab salad
- Now let’s make the pork bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay bacon on lined baking sheet (lay in single layer)
- Cook for about 10 minutes on each side or until desired texture is reached (crispy/soft, etc.)
- Remove from lined baking sheet and add to plate with towel paper to drain the oil and set aside
- Now let’s make the garlic mayo
- Whisk together the ¼ cup mayo with crushed garlic (if you do not have crushed garlic use fresh, if you do not have either, use garlic powder), extra 1/4 cup of fresh chopped cilantro, kosher salt (to taste) and ground pepper (to taste)
- Toast challah bread slices
- Now let’s assemble the sandwich
- Spread garlic mayo on challah toast (to taste)
- Add generous amount of crab salad
- Add pork bacon (number of strips to taste, I used 2 per sandwich)
- Add baby spinach (amount to taste, I used 5-6 leaves per sandwich)
- Add sliced tomatoes (number to taste, I used 2 per sandwich)
- Add top to sandwich and ENJOY, ENJOY and one more ENJOY
Tip: Here is picture of what challah twist bread looks like
OK Please Mrs. Langley can I be the taste tester! every great cook has one or 2…Im sure your hubby is one..so please let me know! I Love this!!!!!! REAL FOOD!
Smile – yes my Husand and family are the testers and yes they are quite happy about it!
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
This is what I call a sandwich!! Delicious! Simply delicious!
I know what you mean, when I took a bite out of this sandwich, I just had to pause and enjoy all the flavors! Happy you enjoyed it as well. More flavorful recipes to come.
Sizzle Sizzle Baby
Why is that the yummiest thing I’ve ever seen!? I love crabmeat.
Dear Toni, Honey let me tell you it tastes as good as it looks!! Don’t forget to check out some of our other flavorful recipes!! And SUBSCRIBE on the home page.
I love a sandwich with tons of flavor. This totally has my mouth watering!
you hit it on the nose Tiff, loads and loads of flavor
This looks soooo yummy! I love crabs,will try to make this one!
I love crabs also, this sandwich tastes soooo good
Looks quite yummy
Hi Louise, thanks for visiting … yes is quite yummy, hope you enjoy
My cousin brought me some backfin crabmeat from Maryland and I tried your receipe. It was delish loaded with tons of flavor. My son’s enjoyed it and they can be picky eaters at times.
Hi Lishawn, I am so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed this recipe! Honey when I tasted it the first time I was like OMG!! I love it when my recipes are a home run! Thanks for visiting, come back soon, I will be uploading more flavor packed recipes!!!!! And don’t forget to LIKE my FB FAN page on the HOME page!
This looks fantastic! I want to make it but I am not a fan of the taste of imitation crab. Do you think it would be OK to omit it? If so, should I add something else?
Hi Genelle, welcome to She’s Got Flavor … no problem, if you do not like imitation crab just increase your backfin or add some jumbo crab meat … enjoy!!
I definitely have to try this…I love crab salad! I just watched the mac & cheese video, your next video should include how do you stay so slim cooking like that?!! Great Blog!
Awe, thanks Fred … glad you are enjoying the site … visit often!
I want this sandwich right now! It looks absolutely scrumptious.
Whew! Looks delightful and easy!!! My kinda sandwich!