There are some Thanksgiving staples. Cornbread is definitely one of them. I like the more modern twist on cornbread as cornbread muffins. I also used Sugar In the Raw Organic White® because I wanted it to be extra sweet. The fine crystals make it great to bake with, and it serves up just the right sweetness in every muffin. I can’t wait to bring these babies to Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws’ home; they are going to love them! Sharing with family gives you the opportunity to give thanks for those you love!
Scooping out a little thankful love!
Ready to bake up sweet and buttery!
Thanksgiving Sweet & Buttery Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Half stick melted but cooled butter
- ½ cup Sugar In the Raw Organic White®
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- ¾ cup cream corn
Ready, Set, Go:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt to make the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add melted butter, milk and eggs, and whisk to create wet mixture. Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir just until smooth with some lumps (do not over mix). Then fold in the sour cream and cream corn.
- Use large spoon or ice cream scooper to add batter to prepared muffin pan, filling each cup about ¾ up.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden and you can stick a tooth pick in and nothing comes up on the toothpick.
- Serve hot and ENJOY.
Tips: Make them ahead and warm them in the oven for about 5 minutes on 350 right before serving. Also you can add a small amount of butter to a hot muffin as you cut into the muffin for a heightened buttery taste.
In The Raw®, where sweetness runs in the family
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by In The Raw®, via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In The Raw®.